NAME: Ruby "Calamity" Strigga.
NOTABLE NICKNAMES/ALIASES: Cal/Callie/variations thereof, given her preference for her most common nickname over every other form of address.
BORN: Callidon Strigga… her parents planned for a son and just didn't bother adjusting the gender there. They did, however, believe in the superstitions regarding true names and why one does not share them… hence why she's most commonly known as either her "official" name, or by the name that goes with her fondness for, well. Calamities.
At some point in the vague future, there will be a general summary here. But seeing as I'm just making her up tonight, let's just get to the good stuff.
Type: Dice-based game, run on IRC.
System: Dark Heresy.
Campaign: SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING IMPERIUM.
Fandom: WARHAMMER 40k; original character.
Created: 4th October 2011.
Personality & HistoryEdit
Calamity Strigga was born a factory dreg, raised a factory dreg, and, in all that time, told that she would die a factory dreg and only her fleas would mourn her.
Despite having pretty good intelligence for a factory dreg, she sort of missed that memo and decided that she wanted adventure. High times. Frolics. The ability to chase idealistic, fanciful daydreams of preserving humanity's dignity, fighting for the Imperium and the soul of mankind!
…also, she'd like to see some other places than her hive city before she dies. Just to say she has.
HOME WORLD: Hive. / HIVER CLASS: Factory Dregs.
CAREER PATH: Scum.
- RANKS ACHIEVED: Dreg (Rank 1).
DIVINATION: "Die if you must, but not with your spirit broken." +3 WP.
KNOWN LANGUAGES: Low Gothic, Hive Dialect.
STARTING EXPERIENCE: 400.
EXP GAINED: / EXP TO SPEND:
TOTAL EXPERIENCE SPENT: 400.
Agi: 40 (starting, 35; simple advance — 100 XP).
- ACCUSTOMED TO CROWDS: Hivers grow up surrounded by immense herds of humanity. They are used to weaving through even the densest mob with ease. Crowds do not count as Difficult Terrain for hivers, and when Running or Charging through a dense crowd, hivers take no penalty to the Agi Test to keep their feet.
- CAVES OF STEEL: To a hiver, surrounded at all times by metal, machinery, and industry, the arcane mysteries of technology are not so strange. Hivers treat the Tech-Use (Int) skill as a Basic Skill.
- HIVEBOUND: Hivers seldom endure the horrors of the open sky or the indignity of the great outdoors. Hivers take a —10 penalty to all Survival (Int) tests, and while out of a "proper hab" (e.g. places without manufactured goods, solid ceilings, and electrical power), the hiver takes a —5 to all Intelligence tests.
- WARY: Hivers are constantly alert for the first hint of trouble, be it a gang shoot-out, hab riot, or a hive-quake. All hivers gain a +1 bonus to Initiative rolls.
- WEAPON-FLAVORED SCUM STARTING TALENTS: Basic Training (SP), Melee Training (Primitive), Pistol Training (SP)
- AMBIDEXTROUS: you do not take the normal —20 penalty for making attacks with your secondary hand. (starting talent)
- SOUND CONSTITUTION: you are able to absorb more damage before you die; gain an additional wound. (100 XP)
- UNREMARKABLE: You have a forgettable face and are able to blend in with a crowd. Attempts to notice you when amongst other people or anyone attempting to describe you or recall details about you incurs a —20 penalty. (100 XP)
- Awareness (Per); Awareness +10 (100 XP)
- Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)
- Blather (Fel)
- Deceive (Fel)
- Dodge (Ag)
- Speak Language (Hive Dialect) (Int)
- Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)